Fast Track Health connect health-care providers with Canadian tech firms
KITCHENER, ONT., January 15, 2024 — Working with Grand River Hospital, St. Mary’s Hospital and Cambridge Memorial Hospital, Communitech’s Fast Track Health collaborative has identified six Canadian tech firms with innovative solutions to some of the country’s most pressing health-care challenges.
The Fast Track Health collaborative issued a nationwide call in October for digital solutions focused on:
- Building tools to support the efficiency of recruiting and onboarding.
- Developing an integrated management system to support automation of patient records, referrals and documentation.
- Creating a monitoring system that provides ease of access to inventory and equipment.
After careful deliberation with partners, health-care professionals and seasoned business coaches working with Communitech, and in partnership with three local hospitals, the collaborative has selected six companies to pitch their tech-enabled solutions to a live audience of potential customers, investors and collaborators.
These solutions will have the opportunity to pilot or be adopted by health-care organizations nationwide, including but not limited to those connected to the Fast Track Health program through our strategic partnerships with the CAN Health Network and Ontario Bioscience Innovation Organization (OBIO).
“Collaborating with our partners to uncover top-notch Canadian solutions for healthcare challenges has been truly inspiring,” said Joel Semeniuk, Chief Strategy Officer at Communitech. “The potential impact of this collective effort underscores the strength of Canada’s innovation community.”
These companies include:
Mutuo Health Solutions
They will receive coaching from Communitech’s experienced growth coaches and professionals in the health and tech industries across the country and get introduced to health-care providers and potential customers.
Companies will pitch their solutions at the Fast Track Health Showcase event on Feb. 27, 2024.
Communitech was founded in 1997 by a group of entrepreneurs committed to making Waterloo Region a global innovation
leader. At the time it was just a wild idea, but somehow this community managed to pull it off. Today, Communitech is a
public-private innovation hub that supports a community of more than 1,600 companies — from startups to scale-ups to
large global players.
Communitech helps tech companies start, grow and succeed in three distinct ways.
- Communitech is a place – the centre of gravity for entrepreneurs and innovators. A clubhouse for building cool
tech and great companies.
- Communitech delivers programs – helping companies at all stages with access to capital, customers and talent. We
are here to help them grow and innovate.
- Communitech partners in building a world-leading ecosystem – making sure we have all the ingredients (and the
brand) to help companies go from a small startup to a global giant.